Interviews with Jean Moroney
I would enjoy answering your questions and hearing your comments on the interviews. Email me: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your Life Unlimited is the brain child of Stephanie Staples who eats, sleeps and breaths motivation and inspiration. She is constantly researching, studying, teaching and practicing the art and science of happiness, health and resilience. She is a catalyst for creativity in these areas and her enthusiasm for optimism and empowerment is infectious – in a good way!
In this interview, Jean introduces her techniques for ambitious individuals and teams who want to do a better job taking action, thinking on their feet, and crossing the finish line, as well as how to handle the pressures that trigger procrastination, perfectionism, and other destructive distractions.
Legal Nurse is a legal nurse consulting site created by Pat Iyer, MSN, RN, LNCC. Pat is thrilled by the success of clients she coaches with her creativity, writing skills and deep knowledge of legal nurse consulting.
In this interview, titled "How to Overcome the Evil Traps of Procrastination and Perfectionism," Jean and Pat chat about these points:
- How procrastination and perfectionism can sabotage success
- How to take an internal read to see what you’re feeling right now and what emotions you’re experiencing.
- The 4 negative feelings that could cause procrastination
- What does perfect really mean?
- How to focus on getting to the bottom line
- The power of an overview
Julie Ann Sullivan is known as the Attitude Enhancer when it comes to cultivating people’s strengths, encouraging peak performance, and fostering better attitudes toward work and life. Her ultimate goal is not so much what participants hear in a presentation, but rather what they will use in their lives to uplift their attitude every day.
In this interview, Jean and Julie Ann talk about moving from SHOULD to WANT to CAN and how negatives are really positives in disguise. Listen to the interview here.
The Independent Entrepreneur is an audio podcast created by Sean Saulsbury. The show’s mission is to conduct compelling interviews focusing on creative vision, leadership, and making one’s way in the world of business.
In this interview, Jean gives us the tools to bypass common pitfalls and traps in our thinking, as well as gives us some insight into her own business. Listen to the interview here.
The Egoist is a podcast by Martin Lindeskog to discuss business issues. In this interview, Jean Moroney offers tips and discusses common book recommendations. Listen to the interview here.
Interview with Brian Phillips of outofthebucket.com
Brian consults with contractors who are building their businesses. They are trying to get "out of the bucket," i.e., stop doing the painting themselves and do more to market, develop systems, and improve their customer relationships. He wanted to know how thinking tactics could help contractors get "out of the bucket."
The 40-minute interview can be downloaded here (for free) as an MP3 file.
Some takeaways from the interview:
- When a system of thinking tactics can help you—and why your natural skill as a thinker is often perfectly adequate for a given task
- A technique you already know that you can use to help you diagnose why you're floundering and what to do about it
- The mental resource more scarce than time, and the #1 tactic that helps manage it
- The great benefit of learning from others, and when you'll still need to figure things out for yourself
- How Brian used a particular thinking tactic, and got answers in 5 minutes that had eluded him for two months
- Why the way "out of the bucket" and out of your comfort zone is through your brain
Get a taste of how you can supplement the skills you already have with others that are a natural complement to them, and thereby create a reliable system you can call on to get more answers, faster, with less hair pulling.