Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Tools to Help
Smart People Achieve Ambitious Goals
Get a Taste of Thinking Tactics
Learn a few thinking tips you can use today
Three Interviews with Jean Moroney
The Independent Entrepreneur is an audio podcast created by Sean Saulsbury. The show’s mission is to conduct compelling interviews focusing on the creative vision, leadership, and making one’s way in the world of business.
In this interview, Jean gives us the tools to bypass common pitfalls and traps in our thinking, as well as gives us some insight into her own business Listen to the interview here.
The Egoist is a podcast by Martin Lindeskog to discuss business issues. In this interview, Jean Moroney offers tips and discusses common book recommendations. Listen to the interview here.
Interview with Brian Phillips of outofthebucket.com
Brian consults with contractors who are building their businesses. They are trying to get "out of the bucket," i.e., stop doing the painting themselves and do more to market, develop systems, and improve their customer relationships. He wanted to know how thinking tactics could help contractors get "out of the bucket."
The 40-minute interview can be downloaded here (for free) as an MP3 file, which you can either play on your computer or on your MP3 player.
Some takeaways from the interview:
- When a system of thinking tactics can help you—and why your natural skill as a thinker is often perfectly adequate for a given task
- A technique you already know that you can use to help you diagnose why you're floundering and what to do about it
- The mental resource more scarce than time, and the #1 tactic that helps manage it
- The great benefit of learning from others, and when you'll still need to figure out things out for yourself
- How Brian used a particular thinking tactic, and got answers in 5 minutes that had eluded him for two months
- Why the way "out of the bucket" and out of your comfort zone is through your brain
Get a taste of how you can supplement the skills you already have with others that are a natural complement to them, and thereby create a reliable system you can call on to get more answers, faster, with less hair pulling.
I would enjoy answering your questions and hearing your comments from the interview. Email me: email@example.com.
For further information:
- The "Thinking on Paper" pamphlet mentioned in the interview is available here.
- The Thinking Tactics workshop description is here.
- Information on upcoming public workshops is here.